St Margaret’s values the girls’ involvement in sport. To facilitate this and to ensure support for all codes in the Junior, Middle and Senior schools, an effective structure is in place. The Director of Sport is supported by an Assistant Director, a part time Fitness Consultant and a sport support administrator.
Through the efforts of a knowledgeable and supportive team, there is ongoing inter-school competition provided, internal school events, personal fitness programmes, leadership opportunities, education and programmes that expose and develop students. Opportunities are made available to develop and maintain lifelong exercise habits in a sporting environment that is emotionally, socially and physically secure. Maximum participation through playing, coaching, developing skills in managing and as officials is promoted.
- To encourage maximum participation of staff and students irrespective of race and abilities
- To offer a wide range of sports catering for all levels of ability
- To promote sportsmanship and fair play
- To provide quality leadership with appropriate facilities and equipment
- To ensure that all students have challenge and an opportunity to achieve
- To ensure that their sporting experience is fun and encourages students to adopt an active and healthy lifestyle
- To recognise participation, achievement and excellence
Summer: Archery, Cricket, Cycling, Dragon Boating, Equestrian, Golf, Indoor Football, Indoor Netball, Lawn Bowls, Polo, Royal Life Saving, Rowing, Softball, Sport Climbing, Summer Hockey, Surfing, Swimming, Sailing, Tennis, Touch, Triathlon, Volleyball & Water Polo
Winter: Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Football (Soccer), Gymnastics, Hockey, Lifesaving, Netball, Rugby, Squash, Skiing/Snowboarding, Table Tennis