A scholarship offers a qualifying young girl an opportunity to further develop her education, nurture her talents and reach her full potential with support from The St Margaret’s College Foundation.
A range of domestic and international scholarships are available for our Middle and Senior Schools.
To apply for a Middle School scholarship, applicants must complete an enrolment application to the College for Year 7 or 9, 2025.
If your daughter is already enrolled for Year 7 or 9, 2025, please log in to your parent dashboard to apply.
Middle School scholarships
Middle School scholarship applications for 2025 are now open. Applications will close on Wednesday 8 May, at 4.00pm.
Middle School scholarships are available to all new students entering Years 7 and 9 in 2025, and any current SMC students, moving into either Year 7 or Year 9 in 2025.
Scholarships are offered to students who will benefit and grow in our environment, and who will in return represent SMC with pride and College spirit.
Year 7 Scholarships
Scholarships are awarded to recipients who display outstanding overall excellence including strong academic ability, together with active involvement in cultural, sporting and community interests. Middle School Scholarships provide up to a 50% remission of Tuition or Boarding fees for four years from Year 7 to Year 10.
Year 9 Scholarships
We have a limited number of Year 9 scholarships. To be eligible, applicants must demonstrate a high level of achievement and talent, while being motivated and willing to participate in all aspects of school life, making a significant contribution to the culture and wider life of the school.
Scholarships are awarded to students who display outstanding ability in one of the following categories:
Performings Arts scholarship
These scholarships provide up to a 50% remission of tuition fees for five years from Year 9 onwards.
General Excellence Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded to recipients who display outstanding all round excellence including strong academic ability, together with active involvement in leadership, cultural and community interests. Recipients must be willing to participate in all aspects of school life and make a significant contribution to the culture and wider life of the school. The General Excellence scholarships provides up to a 50% remission of tuition fees for five years from Year 9 onwards.
Scholarships are awarded to recipients who display outstanding all round excellence including strong academic ability, together with active involvement in leadership, cultural and community interests. A boarding scholarship provides up to a 50% remission of boarding fees for five years from Year 9 onwards.
Senior School scholarships
Senior School scholarship applications for 2025 will open in July 2024.
Further information on applying for scholarships
- Only New Zealand citizens or permanent residents can apply and receive a Middle School scholarship.
- Students not already enrolled for 2025 must complete an online enrolment form, including submitting a copy of your daughter’s birth certificate or passport, a recent photograph, and a $200 enrolment fee.
- There is no scholarship application fee.
- Scholarship applications will only be accepted via online submission.
- You may apply for more than one scholarship, however, only one scholarship may be awarded per student.
- Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
- Applications that do not have a supporting enrolment application will not be accepted.
- Further communication including dates for the examination, sports workshop, performing arts auditions and interviews for shortlisted applicants will be sent directly to each applicant upon receiving a completed application.
If you have questions about scholarships, contact our Admissions team