Thank you for considering St Margaret’s College for your daughter. To find out more about SMC through our Virtual Visit, which includes a virtual tour hosted by Executive Principal, Diana Patchett, as well as a library of videos to help you discover more about the world-class opportunities available to your daughter at St Margaret’s College.
- The main enrolment years for admissions are Years 7 and 9, however, students are welcome to join the school at any time from Years 1 to 13. Please see our enrolment timeline.
- At this stage, we strongly recommend enrolling your daughter online to secure her place in the admissions process as many year groups can be oversubscribed and we offer a priority waitlist process. For NZ citizens or residents you will need proof of residence or citizenship, a photograph of your daughter and the application fee.
- Currently, for 2021 the Junior School Years 2, 4 and New Entrant are nearing capacity and Years 1, 5 and 6 are full. In our Middle and Senior Schools Years 7, 9, 11 and 12 are nearing capacity, please enquire. Year 13 is full.
- If you are your daughter are not New Zealand citizens or permanent residents, please visit our International Students page.
- If you would like a copy of our prospectus and an offline enrolment form, please contact our Admissions Office
- May is the month when Middle School Scholarships are applied for and awarded. Senior Scholarships take place in August. All information is available on the enrolment timeline.
- If we are holding an enrolment application for your daughter, you will be contacted the year prior to her starting at St Margaret’s College to start the admissions process.
- We hold an Open Day in March in Term 1 which offers you the opportunity to discover more about the school, meets students and teachers and answer any questions.
- If you’ve already been to Open Day or would like a one-on-one tour, we invite you to book in for a Personal Tour. We encourage parents and daughters to attend these and they provide an opportunity for a tailored visit to the school and an opportunity to ask questions
- Before an offer of place is made, enrolled students are invited to spend a day at St Margaret’s College and attend classes with a current student who will be her buddy for the day. The school visit allows your daughter to experience life as an SMC girl
- Following the day visit, we invite you and your daughter to meet with our Executive Principal, Diana Patchett, to complete the admissions process with an interview.
- Once an offer of place is made, a deposit will secure your daughter’s place and St Margaret’s College will get in touch with teachers at your daughter’s current school to enable us to establish her learning plan for her first year.
- In early September, placement testing in maths and English takes place for Year 9, as does the Middle School curriculum evening for Years 7 and 9.
- In November, we hold two Orientation Days, one for Year 9 entrants and one for Years 7 and 8 entrants, together with sleepovers for boarders
If you have any questions or would like to talk through any aspect of starting at St Margaret’s College, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Admissions Manager, Susie Campbell on 03 353 2563 or email her.
We look forward to welcoming you to St Margaret’s College soon!