Welcome to you all from the St Margaret’s College PFA.
In 2011 the PTA unanimously voted to change its name to the “St Margaret’s College Parents’ and Friends’ Association”, or “PFA” for short. We believe the new name better reflects a wider St Margaret’s community, who wish to contribute to the wellbeing of the School.
We have an enthusiastic committee who organise our activities as well as a list of helpers who cannot make our regular meetings but help at our functions. Please feel free to email our Secretary and add your name to our helpers’ list or make suggestions for activities.
We warmly invite you to come and join us at our functions throughout this coming year.
You can contact our Secretary, Jean Oliver by:
Phone: 03 355 2768 or 027 276 4458
Address: PFA, St. Margaret’s College,
P.O. Box 25 094, Christchurch 8144.
We provide support to our outstanding school in two ways. Firstly we foster positive interactions between parents and teachers through organizing social functions and events throughout the year as well as providing volunteers to help with school activities.
Secondly we donate items on the Executive Principal’s Wish List
The PFA has supported the school in the following ways:
In 2016 we donated:
– Coffee plungers
– Prize giving donation
– Julius House sporting equipment
– Julius House sports net poles
– Staff room table
– Treadmill for gym
– Digital pianos
– Acoustic bass guitars
– Chapel blackout curtain
– Gazebo with St Magaret’s College Logo
– Junior School pogo stick and classroom furnitrue
– School flags
– Red Ribbon Seating in the Cranmer Quad
– School Motto in stone at the Winchester Street gate
– Sponsorship of The Invisibles – The NZ Anti High School Musical
– Three spin bikes
– Furniture for Warren House boarders and Year 12 Common Room
– Eight Mindstorm robotic kits for the Centre for Innovation
– Side lighting for the Chapel
– Mixing desk for the Ngaio Marsh Theatre
– Framing of archive photos
– Red ribbon seats (as pictured above)
– Side curtains for stage
– Stained glass window for Chapel
– School Motto in stone at main gate
– purchasing a cyclorama (screen for the stage) for our fabulous new auditorium
– purchasing a PFA seat in the auditorium
– contributing to the removable carpet for the gymnasium which allows the school to host a range of events in the gym
– equipping the kitchen in the Old Girls’ Atrium
– framing a selection of student artwork which will become part of the school collection
– contributing to the junior school gardening efforts
Through the payment of your annual PFA subscription you are automatically a member of the PFA. We warmly invite you to attend our meetings.
PFA Meetings are held twice a term on a Tuesday evening at 7pm in the staff room. For 2016 meeting dates click here
If you would like to help or become involved in the PFA, we would love to hear from you. Feel free to contact Jean Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org or ph: 03 355 2768 or 027 276 4458.
President: - Tania Burden
Vice President: - William Marshall
Treasurer: - Roger Martin
Trust Board Rep: Fiona Bush
Secretary: Jean Oliver
Year 13 - Friday 17 March
Year 9 - 19 May
Year 10 - 30 June
Year 11 & 12 - 18 August